What to do when your to-do list keeps growing and you can't find your focus


Hey there cho,

Once upon a time, not too long ago, I was a serious list addict.

I mean, I had a LOT of lists. I had lists on my phone, lists on my laptop, lists on my desk, lists in my handbag. Every time I started a new project, I'd check them all first, just to be sure I wasn't missing anything important.

I'd see something I needed to do real quick and switch to work on that…

Then I'd look again and find another thing to work on…

And switch to that…

I had so much FOMO around my lists that I could barely get anything done. And it seemed like I was adding things to my lists faster than was checking them off.

That's why this week on the blog, I'm talking about ditching your to-do list.

*Ditching the list* has been a huge eye-opener for me.

I always thought running a business was supposed to feel like you're one-step (or twenty) behind everything you need to do. Like feeling overwhelmed was a prerequisite for success.

Now I get it:

Running a business is supposed to feel like you're doing what you were born to do. Like you're making the change in the world you were born to make.

Truth is, there's a reason you started your business. And there are only a handful of things that you NEED to be doing right now to move the needle forward. One of those things is to immerse yourself in your task at hand.

You can't do that if you're constantly distracted by a never-ending list. You have to be present and in your passion zone.

Trust me, when you go from overwhelm-all-the-time to loving your work and crushing your week, you'll know you're in the zone.

See you there!

-Sandra



Unsubscribe | 63 Sherman Place, Jersey City, NJ 07307

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is “Imposter Syndrome” & How Does it Affect Photographers?

Rock Your Blogging Strategy to Get More Leads & Sales - Quick Wins Inside! 🎉

Exclusive Networks UK&I managing director Rob Tomlin looking for growth